FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
540 views 15 comments
by anonymous

Hi there.

Version: RUTX_R_00.07.03.1

SMS utils for SIM 1 / EE is working perfectly. I am sending 'Switch' (no authorisation, from specific group/number) to SIM1 phone number and it switches SIM immediately. 

However, for SIM 2 with Vodafone UK, SMS Utils is very confused

No matter what command is sent, it returns the very first command initially received - in my case text status for 'monitoring_status' is returned, and no action is taken. If email forward is enabled (specifically excluding forwarding SMS Utils), it proceeds to send an email with a previous command, when it shouldn't be sending anything.

I've looked through the System Log, but the SMS Utils is a black box. It shows sending the SMS to SMS Utils and then deleting the SMS (see log excerpt). 

For some reason, it keeps regurgitating the initial command, even after sending 20 commands afterwards, and sends erroneous email forwards. This is ONLY on my Vodafone SIM. 

I've taken the SIM out and placed it in a mobile. IMPORTANT - once I send a test SMS to said Vodafone SIM inserted in iPhone, it receives a flood of my prior text 'commands', followed by receiving my test message. This makes no sense, as RUTX11 is set to Store SMS on Modem AND it says the SMS message/commands is deleted in the System Log. Somehow the RUTX11 is getting notified of a received SMS message, processing it incorrectly through SMS Utils, and then suggesting an SMS delete, even though Vodafone UK seems to be queueing the SMS (i.e. not getting successful receive confirmation from device), awaiting the SIM to be inserted into a Phone (iPhone XS Max) before dispatching the queue of SMS'. To confirm - the messages are SMS', and not iMessages.

P.S. there are also issues with receiving Vodafone UK SMS' generally into inbox. They duplicate MANY times, and reappear several times after being deleted. There must be some handshake issue of sorts between RUTX11 and Vodafone UK.

LOG EXCERPT:

Sun Jan  8 15:15:52 2023 kern.notice kernel: SMS received from: +xxxxxxxxxx (internal modem)

Sun Jan  8 15:15:53 2023 daemon.info /usr/sbin/sms_utils: [3-1] Messages sent to +xxxxxxxxxxx

Sun Jan  8 15:15:53 2023 daemon.info /usr/sbin/sms_utils: Removing SMS '0' from memory

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Has this issue only started happening after updating to RUTX_R_00.07.03.1?

Was a factory reset tried?

I'd like you to replicate the issue, then navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file.

It can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thank you - look forward to hearing how it goes
by anonymous
Hello,

received a few suggestions from our RnD team, and will send you a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
HI

i am having a similar issue with vodafone and not recieving SMS.
Would you be able to share any advice on solving this issue
by anonymous
With Teltonika to more deeply investigate and schedule into the backlog I believe. I’ve provided a bunch of diagnostic info. Hopefully something that can get get solved in the near term.
by anonymous
Hello @veej219,

I'll contact you via private message to figure out if this is the same issue.

Best regards,
DaumantasG