I'm new in this forum and I would appreciate it if you could help me with my problem. Let me summarize my actual situation:
- I have a RUT955 (newest FW) installed to connect my photovoltaic system to the internet for monitoring puposes
- I'm using mobile data connectivity only via the Germene Telekom mobile network
- I have configured a special APN from Telekom to get a public WAN IP address
- Since yesterday afternoon everything was fine and I was able to access my system via web, ssh etc. No probs so far
- Stearing the router via SMS worked and works fine
Starting from yesterday afternoon, I initiated a reboot via SMS and since then the router doesn't get a WAN IP address. I made many reboots, status requests and I waited overnight, but the situation is the same.
What is my main concern: The router is far away from me (4h per car) and I'm not able to jump there ad-hoc to do maintenance onsite directly at the router. So everything I have to do has to be done remotely - actually via SMS because of the missing WAN-IP I can't access the router via console, ssh, or anything else.
I just before making a factory reset via SMS, I don't have a prob configuring everything from the scratch. BUT: I read that some batches of RUT955 have a hard-coded initial password set that differs from admin01. And there is my 2nd problem: I don't have photo from the label on the RUT955 so I don't have the information written there by hand. That happens if somebody else installed the RUT955 and not me :(.
What I've done so far via SMS
- mobileoff and mobileon multiple times
- reboot multiple times
- changing APN configuration multiple times
- Requested the serial number of the RUT955 > 1115481217
- ...and praying, but this doesn't help at all
So far my actual situation. I would appreciate it if somebody could lead me to the right way to solve this issue. I can do everything that doesn't cut me off of control over the system via SMS because, as I mentioned, I'm too far away from the device - unfortunately. Please let me know I you guys miss any information I can provide you with the get the picture clearer for you. I'm looking forward to you soon answer...
Thx a lot for you help, I appreciate it...