FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
187 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I am trying to set up monitoring of traffic with PRTG(22.4.81.1532 x64) on a RUT950 router(RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3), I have PING and HTTP working but I cant get anything else like traffic flow on a routers port. I have SNMP enabled and the credentials set up, community name etc, I am using SNMPv2. When I try and add a sensor using SNMP protocol for bandwidth in PRTG it fails. Has anyone had experience with these two systems?

Thanks. 

by anonymous
Hello Andzej,

Can i ask, what sensor type did you use to get that port traffic details? Did you use 'auto-Discovery' or manually add the sensors to the router?

thanks.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I have tried the tool with RUT955 and it seems to be working.

Double-check all of your settings and ensure that you are configuring SNMP monitoring for the RUT955 and not some other device.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Hello Andzej,

I have downloaded the MIB file and imported to PRTG, but I can only get the following parameters in this picture. I have tried Auto discovery and manual. I have checked the community name and I am using SNMPv2 but I cant seem to be able to add additional sensors. Do you have any other suggestions ?

Thanks

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Andzej,

I found an article saying to enter 0.0.0.0 for the PRTG server and now it is working. Thanks.