FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
234 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello All,

I want to configure interfaces to use custom DNS with non standard ports.

Let's say DNS should be 111.111.111.111:553

When I enter in Web UI just 111.111.111.111 the system accepts this entry,

but when I want to enter a DNS server with port 111.111.111.111:553 Web UI does not accept this entry.

Can you please advise how to solve this issue.

Thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Once the DNS server is defined in Network -> Interfaces -> [interface general settings], I would suggest to add a firewall rule, redirecting DNS traffic from standard port 53 to 553. The idea is to replace destination port in the packet's header destined to DNS port 53 with a value of 553. For this you would need to login to the router via SSH and define the rule in the /etc.config/firewall configuration file. The rule should be similar to the one below:

config redirect '<n>'
        option proto 'tcp udp'
        option name 'DNS_FWD'
        option target 'DNAT'
        option enabled '1'
        option src_dport '53'
        option src 'lan'
        option dest_port '553'

You may need to replace <n> with an integer value, depending on the order of the rules in the file.

You can also configure the rule or add specific details in the WebUI, Network -> Firewall -> Port forwards page.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Have you tried using 111.111.111.111#553 instead of 111.111.111.111:553 ? This is the default syntax for dnsmasq.conf and it should be accepted by the UI.

Regards,