FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
441 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Good day

i have a problem with connecting to my OpenVPN server (rut9560) using TLS, UDP port 1194, using windows as my client can someone please help, i have created all the keys and cert required to setup the server and to for client as well but i still cant connect but when i connect to OPENvpn using LAN or routers wifi i am able to connect but if i use a different wifi it doesnt connect  , i have attached some pictures together with this question... your help will be much appreciated

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

It seems like you have not attached any images.

Could you please connect to your RUT956 via WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and download a troubleshoot file. Please, attach this file to your question by editing the question.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
hi

thanks for the reply and i have just attached the pictures as well as the troubleshoot file.

Kind Regards:

Thabang
by anonymous
Hi,

Please check if you can ping your router from your PC without OpenVPN. Connect to a different wi-fi (from which you are unable to establish a VPN connection), and try to ping your router using the IP address of your mobile interface (100.x.x.x). Are pings successful? Since your router is configured as an OpenVPN server, it needs to be reachable over the internet, but it seems like your IP address can be behind a CGNAT.

Please, let me know if it's reachable.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
Hi

Thanks for the reply and the pings are not successful....
by anonymous

Hi,

Unfortunately, when using OpenVPN, the server needs to be reachable over the internet. I recommend you take a look at ZeroTier VPN. ZeroTier can be used without a public IP. You can find a configuration example on our wiki page here.

Kind Regards,

Andzej