FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
617 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello, is there a possibility to easily switch from one SIM card to another? A SIM switch button? The best method is to use SIM switch with RMS Connect, but since SMS utilities are not working with the new firmware, I'm looking for another solution without going through the Mobile >> General >> Default SIM menu...
Any ideas?
Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Since you are using RMS, there are two easy options. Of the easiest ways would be to use a Task manager. In RMS, navigate to Task manager and create a new task. You only need to create this task once. Configure the task as in the image.

Then, in devices, select your device -> Management -> Execute Task -> select your task. I have tried this, so the SIM card should change.

You can find more information about Task manager here.

Another option would be to simply select your device -> configuration -> device configuration -> SIM cards -> update SIM cards -> choose your SIM card and check 'Default SIM option'. Save changes. This option would require you to go to the configuration page each time, while task manager would probably be quicker (need to create task once).

If you want to confirm this via RMS, you can edit your table preset by pressing on the cogwheel icon and changing preset to include show SIM slot. Then, whenever you change SIM card slot, you can select your device again -> Management -> Update device information. The device should now use a different SIM slot.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Great solution! Thank you very much for all your explanations Andzej.
by anonymous
Hi,

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any issues with this solution.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
P.S Can you tell me if it is possible to use/execute tasks withs iOS RMS Connect app? Thanks!
by anonymous

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't think that it is currently possible. I do not own an iOS device, but Android apps is similar. I did not find a way to execute a task. But you should be able to connect to your device via SSH (open CLI and using login: root, password: your routers password) and execute the same command used in Task Manager:

• ubus call sim change
You can also execute the following command to check which SIM is used right now:
  • ubus call sim get

Kind Regards,

Andzej