FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
507 views 12 comments
by anonymous
My VPN Hub contains a user client and a RUT240 (Online) client configured with the RMS connected and a sim

Before connecting my router in LAN with a plc I want to connect via RMS VPN to ping the router config page but no response

I open the vpn config file with OpenVPN Connect

What test would allow me to ensure the good connection?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you clarify if you have set the needed routes to reach the LAN of the RUT240? Instructions on how to do this can be found in this Wiki article or this video on our YouTube channel.

Make sure you have enabled the LAN forwarding and make sure the VPN Hub network IP address does not conflict with the LAN network address of the RUT240.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hello,

I accidentally created 2 identical questions, please see this link :
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/64195/ping-rut240-with-rms-vpn?show=64288#a64288

Best regards
by anonymous

Hello,

I will ask you to generate a troubleshoot file from the RUT240. This can be done by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. The file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Make sure the LAN forwarding is enabled in RMS:

If that does not help, a few additional questions:

• Can you ping the RUT240 using its VPN IP (192.168.255.6)?
  • Can you ping the PLC from the RUT240 CLI?
  • Try pinging the PLC from the PC with the OpenVPN interface specified. For example, on Windows, this command could be used:

ping <PLC_LAN_IP> -S <PC_VPN_IP>

So in your case, it will be:

ping 192.168.1.22 -S 192.168.255.xxx

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hello,

I have attached the troobleshoot file.

The RMS connection is working and the LAN network is well activated.

Pinging the PLC and the RUT240 one by one works through Ethernet.

When I launch my OpenVPN configuration, my PC is located at 192.168.255.6.
The PLC is connected to the router LAN and the RMS VPN session is created on the Teltonika platform.

However, I cannot ping any of these devices.

Did I forget a step?

Thanks for your help
by anonymous

Hello,

It seems like the OpenVPN instance on the device was generated incorrectly.

I would recommend updating the device to the latest firmware version found here without the option to Keep settings enabled. This will reset the device to factory defaults and resolve any configuration issues. VPN Hub instance should also be deleted beforehand.

After the device is updated, and a new VPN Hub is created, make sure the device connects to the Hub successfully by navigating to Services → VPN → OpenVPN, and the status of the instance rms_xxxxxx should be connected.

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
The connection to my router from OpenVPN is now working.
Thanks for your help!

I have just one more question, is it possible to see an overview of my LAN connected to the router?
With "arp -a" I can't see my plc
by anonymous

Glad I could help!

ARP should show all of the connected devices with an IP address. Could you navigate to Status → Routes → General routes and check if there are any entries in the ARP table there? Can you reach the device over the network?

From your previous troubleshoot file, I can see that only the 192.168.1.18 address had an ARP entry, however, you stated, that the PLC is on 192.168.1.22, correct?

by anonymous

Indeed, I see my entry in the ARP table (switch to ADVANCED mode to access it).

From VPN, I still can't ping it but it's good news to see it on the ARP.

by anonymous
Hello,

Could you share a few screenshots of your RMS VPN Hub configuration?

Particularly, the Clients and the Routes sections.

Thank you.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous

Hello,

In the WebUI of the router, could you navigate to Network → Firewall → General Settings and make sure that Forwarding is enabled on all OpenVPN zones?

Also, are you using the command described previously (ping 192.168.1.22 -S 192.168.255.xxx) to ping the PLC from the OpenVPN client?

As I understand, you are now able to ping the VPN tunnel IP of the RUT240, correct?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

All transfers are activated :
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=16480659520215210860

I use this command but no reception.

That's right, I can ping the VPN tunnel IP of the RUT240.

Also, I can ping my plc when it is connected directly to the PC.

by anonymous
Hello,

I will contact you via a private message regarding a remote session.

Best regards,
DaumantasG