What I've tried is to do is use a hotel wifi as WAN by connecting the router to that wifi. It works perfectly fine if the hotel wifi is protected with user name and password, but fails if the hotel wifi uses a captive portal (splash screen during first connect) where I have do accept hotel T&Cs. If I do this with out routers, typically I get the captive screen with the browser of the first device I connect. After accepting T&Cs, all devices connected to the router will be able to access the internet.
What I've tried so far:
- check if RUT955 connects to the hotel wifi -> works fine, router receives an WAN IP from the hotel DNS
- check if RUT955 has the correct DNS settings -> works fine, same DNS settings in the router like on my laptop (MacBook Pro) when connected to the hotel wifi
- try the "MAC clone" feature using the MAC address of my notebook (where I had already accepted T&Cs) as the MAC address for the router, no success
- I can ping the gateway and the DNS server, but I don't get access to anything outside the hotel network
- I have also tried to manually chance the DNS settings on my laptop