FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,009 views 12 comments
by anonymous
I am attempting to use an RUTX50 with starlink. When I plug the starlink into the WAN port I can connect to starlink and it reports an internet connection is established but the internet is unusable. When I ping 1.1.1.1 30 percent of packets are lost and ping times occasionally spike to over 500ms with the average being below 100ms. I am unable to connect to any servers to perform a speed test. When I revert to the starlink router, pings to 1.1.1.1 results in no lost packets and average time of under 50ms. I am using default setting on the RUTX50

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I will ask you to replicate the issue, navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous

Hello,

Sure, you can try the changes you suggested.

If that does not help, try connecting to the CLI of the device, and running this command:

ethtool -s eth1 duplex half speed 100 autoneg off

While I have some doubts about this command helping, it's worth a shot. It limits the link speed to 100Mbps, disables auto-negotiation, and sets the duplex to half. This would help if there is an L1 issue (wiring, etc.).

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
I cant login to CLI with my password
by anonymous
Ignore the previous comment as I didn’t know I had to login to root.

I ran the script as suggested without any success.

I have tested all my cables without finding any issue.

My power supply (12v-48v converter maintains voltage at or above 48v during connection and while running.

I am beginning to strongly suspect that the CGNAT addresses are the cause of the issue.
by anonymous

Hello,

In that case, I would recommend reverting the previous command using this one: 

ethtool -s eth1 duplex full speed 1000 autoneg on

To set the port to 1Gbps speed.

As for the CGNAT address, I wouldn't imagine it causing any issues, as many of our devices use SIM cards that provide a CGNAT address. To be safe, try setting the LAN IP of the RUTX to 192.168.5.0/24 to ensure this is not an IP conflict.

Perhaps the settings of the Starlink router indicate some differences in configuration?

Could you try setting the MTU to something lower? 1200, 1300, 1400, etc.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hello,

I will also ask you to test the functionality of the router when using v7.3.4 of RutOS which can be downloaded here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG