FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
358 views 15 comments
by anonymous
I put in a wrong IP for the device, so I reset it to restart the configuration but now I´m unable to find a connection. The Ethernet connection from the TRB140 to my laptop shows the default IP as it´s gateway but the USB Port gets a random IP and even after setting the IP (192.168.2.1) for that USB port I´m still unable to find the device.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please clarify, where did you put the wrong IP? What is the firmware your device is running?

How did you perform the reset of the device? Could you try reset by holding the physical reset button pressed for at least 12 seconds?

Could you connect your device to the computer, open Command Prompt, if you are using a Windows machine, enter command ipconfig and tell, what interfaces/IP addresses are displayed in the output? In case of Linux, use ifconfig command in the terminal.

Can you ping the IP address 192.168.2.1?

Did you set a static IP of 192.168.2.1 for the network interface of your computer? It is a default address of the gateway, thus, the IP of you computer should be different, but within the same subnet. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
What kind of a power supply are you using?

If the device goes into this state on its own, the issue might be related to faulty hardware. In this case, I suggest to return the device for a warranty repair or a replacement.

Best regards,
by anonymous
We are using normal 230V power outlets and strangely enough now both devices are in this state. So these 3 LEDs are blinking on both. Could this be caused by me switching out the SIM cards?

Anyways what would it take to get an warranty repair or a replacement?

best regards
by anonymous

What do you mean by "Could this be caused by me switching out the SIM cards?" How do you perform this?

As for repair/replacement, take both devices to your reseller. Based on the serial number you have provided, at least one of them should still have a valid warranty.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I performed that switch by unplugging the devices, then I put the new SIM cards in and after that I plugged the devices back in.

Best regards
by anonymous
Switching is not the case. I did some experiments, but did not encounter any issues. I tend to believe it is hardware related, thus your go to action is to replace the gateways.

Best regards,