FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
371 views 15 comments
by anonymous
I put in a wrong IP for the device, so I reset it to restart the configuration but now I´m unable to find a connection. The Ethernet connection from the TRB140 to my laptop shows the default IP as it´s gateway but the USB Port gets a random IP and even after setting the IP (192.168.2.1) for that USB port I´m still unable to find the device.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please clarify, where did you put the wrong IP? What is the firmware your device is running?

How did you perform the reset of the device? Could you try reset by holding the physical reset button pressed for at least 12 seconds?

Could you connect your device to the computer, open Command Prompt, if you are using a Windows machine, enter command ipconfig and tell, what interfaces/IP addresses are displayed in the output? In case of Linux, use ifconfig command in the terminal.

Can you ping the IP address 192.168.2.1?

Did you set a static IP of 192.168.2.1 for the network interface of your computer? It is a default address of the gateway, thus, the IP of you computer should be different, but within the same subnet. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
I wanted to set a new IP for the device, so it fits in our network. It´s running on the latest firmware (I don´t remember the name of the version).

I performed a factory reset by holding the reset button for 5+ seconds. I will try pushing that button for 12 seconds in a minute.

If I connect the device to my computer the connected port gets a "random" IP (in this moment 169.254.23.239) and it´s not possible to ping 192.168.2.1 .
by anonymous
Now I tried pushing the button for at least 12 seconds and it still doesn´t work. After connecting the device with my computer via Ethernet and USB the Ethernet port on gets the IP 169.254.87.189 but with the standard gateway 192.168.2.1 . The USB port still has 169.254.23.239 as it´s IP.
by anonymous

Hello,

169.254.x.y IP address would indicate DHCP issues server issues, as this type of address is assigned by Windows, not the gateway.

Could you try setting a static IP on your computer's network card, as instructed in this page and try to reach your TRB?

Another thing to try is to open Command prompt on your computer and execute the following commands:

• ipconfig /release
  • ipconfig /renew

If the above suggestions do not work, I would need you to provide the product code of your device, then I would send you instructions on how to perform complete device recovery.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

I tried both of the options but none of them seem to work. I think there is a problem with the device now, I can´t perform a reset anymore by holding the reset button for 5+ seconds. After I release the button it does nothing.

Where do I find that product code?

Best regards
by anonymous

It should be printed on the device itself or the bot the device shipped in.

What I'm interested in is whether the code starts with:

• TRB140 0

or

• TRB140 1

Best regards,

by anonymous
All the numbers I find on the device are the Serial number (6000105412), the Batch number (057), the IMEI (86430305325456) and the LAN MAC (001E4260B217).

But my working time is over in a couple minutes and next week I`m not having any time so I will get back to you as soon as I´m back at work.
by anonymous

The above is enough as well.

Once you have the time, what I would like you to try is as follows:

1. Turn off/unplug TRB141
2. Press and hold reset button, at the same time plug the power cable and keep holding reset button for about 5 seconds (mobile signal LED's should start blinking)
3. Download "ADB software" from here: https://kaunas.teltonika.lt:444/f/a9ffe2e9d98446f2aaf3/?dl=1, ignore "rootfs.ubi" file contained in the archive.

4. Download "rootfs.ubi" file from here.
5. Install ADB software
6. Place rootfs.ubi file in any easily accessible directory (e.g. in "C:\Test")
7. Open CMD ("Command Prompt" window) with administrator rights
8. Use cd command to navigate to the place where you saved the rootfs.ubi file (Example: cd C:\Test)
9. Then use this command: fastboot flash rootfs_a rootfs.ubi
10. When it completes, use this command: fastboot flash rootfs_b rootfs.ubi
11. When both commands are executed and finished running, unplug power from TRB and plug it again. It should boot up as normal

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

at first thank you, it worked and I can now access the device but now something with the internal modem for the SIM card seems to be wrong. It does not detect the SIM card anymore. Can you help me again?

Best regards
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried a different SIM?
Does the same SIM work in a smartphone?

Other than that, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I have no idea what happend, an hour ago i could access it without problem and now it got an DHCP generated IP again and I can´t access it. Also these 3 LEDs under 2G, 3G and 4G are blinking constantly.

Best regards
by anonymous
What kind of a power supply are you using?

If the device goes into this state on its own, the issue might be related to faulty hardware. In this case, I suggest to return the device for a warranty repair or a replacement.

Best regards,
by anonymous
We are using normal 230V power outlets and strangely enough now both devices are in this state. So these 3 LEDs are blinking on both. Could this be caused by me switching out the SIM cards?

Anyways what would it take to get an warranty repair or a replacement?

best regards
by anonymous

What do you mean by "Could this be caused by me switching out the SIM cards?" How do you perform this?

As for repair/replacement, take both devices to your reseller. Based on the serial number you have provided, at least one of them should still have a valid warranty.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I performed that switch by unplugging the devices, then I put the new SIM cards in and after that I plugged the devices back in.

Best regards
by anonymous
Switching is not the case. I did some experiments, but did not encounter any issues. I tend to believe it is hardware related, thus your go to action is to replace the gateways.

Best regards,