FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
316 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Are there any special settings -- as throughout every day -- my speed varies greatly from .2mbps to occasionally 15mbps

the router is very unreliable for speed (Ps I am ok with 7-10mbps I do not expect 5g speeds.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Such big variances in speed could be explained by a few factors:

• Weather conditions;
  • Poor signal;
  • Cell tower load;
  • Changes on the carrier end (power-saving, etc.);

If the last two factors is influencing the speeds the most, then there is not much we can do, but what I suspect is happening, is when the router is connected to a higher throughput band (e.g. B3), it can achieve those higher speeds, but during bad weather, or generally decreased signal, the RUT950 drops down to a slower band, that provides greater coverage.

I would recommend checking what band you are connected to when the speeds are high by navigating to Status → Network → Mobile. When the speeds get low, check if you are still connected to the same band. If you are not, you can lock to a previously used band. Instructions on how to do so and some more additional information can be found in this Wiki article.

Best regards,
DaumantasG