FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
711 views 16 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I checked already all items here in the community, but did not found appropriate solution: I make a backup of my configuration of my one-and-only router and immediately try to restore it, then I get this message:

"The selected backup file is not compatible with this device, please choose another file."

I do not want to workaround by USB-stick or SCP, and I do not like to do factory-reset since I'm not fully sure I get my backup-file restored/applied. So just I'd like this to work as expected ;-)
( Creating and restoring users-default-config works. )

Please help,
thx, Rainer

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I assume you have tried to restore the device to the factory defaults and it did not work.

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file. Access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous

>>> I assume you have tried to restore the device to the factory defaults 
No. I wanted to restore my backup.tar.gz that I just did 2min ago

by anonymous
So are you able to upload your backup?

If yes, what did you do?

If not, a troubleshoot file would be very helpful and would forward this issue to the RnD department.
by anonymous

Router is able to upload the backup-file very quickly (connection is as good as everytime).
Router is then verifying the file and then comes back with a pop-up-window with the text:

"The selected backup file is not compatible with this device, please choose another file."

by anonymous
Please attach a troubleshoot file.
by anonymous
How do I get "troubleshoot-file" ?
by anonymous

Access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards

by anonymous
ok, sent you by answering on mail
by anonymous
Could you specify by what mail as I did not receive anything?

I would like you to attach the file either by editing the question or to send it in a personal message.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous

please provide your email (I did sent yesterday to web@teltonika-iot-group.com)

by anonymous
Any news/results with reported troubleshoot-file?
( Still I'm not able to restore a backup :-| )
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try to update your firmware to the latest: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/b/b9/RUT9_R_00.07.02.3_WEBUI.bin.

See if that helps.

by anonymous
Same issue, same message, fresh backup cannot be restored :-|
by anonymous
The development department is informed about your issue, however, no feedback has been provided yet. I will inform you once I get more details.

Best regards
by anonymous
I'm a bit nervous - I'm not able to restore any backup :-|

Thx for help, Rainer
by anonymous
What is working (workaround) is doing a reset to factory settings/firmware, then backup is restorable.

Best regards, Rainer
by anonymous

You can also try to copy configuration files from the backup and move them to router using WinSCP as instructed in this page. The directory with the configuration is /etc/config