FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
580 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi all, 

I cover a TRB500 with 5G, around -53db/5G with this antenna. The TRB500 is in bridge mode, a pfsense firewall receives the ip-address of the mobile carrier: Configured like described here.

After 2-5 days the internet-connection get's slower and slower: From 180Mbit/s down to 80Mbit/s, more down to 20Mbit/s, more down to 5Mbit/s, until: everyting times out.

Everything else inside the network works fine and is reachable. Just timeouts when accessing the internet. I still can reach the TRB500's webgui that is connected to the firewalls wan interface. I did not deeper investigate it yet.

I observed such timeouts a few times within 3 weeks of operating. Rebooting the TRB500 solves the issue, everything is back to normal then.

I saw that i receive another ip-address from the mobile carrier on the firewall's wan interface after i rebooting the TRB500.

It's like described here.

The device was updated to TRB5_R_00.07.04.1 before it was installed earlier.
Today, i saw TRB5_R_00.07.04.3 is available. I downloaded it and installed it via WebGUI.

After the device was back from a reboot, i verified the firmewareversion: Version numbers was updated, so looked good.
I received an ip-address on the wan-interface of the firewall, but there was only a time out when i tried to access the internet.

I checked the interfaces on the TRB500, i saw on mob1s1a1 that there was no packet flow ( TX: showed some traffic,  RX: stayed at 0).

I had to factory reset the device and had to rebuild the config manually.

Device is back in operation now.

When i look at the history of the firmware via changelog, i can see following records:

TRB5_R_00.07.04.3 | 2023.05.11

• Improvement
    • System
      • Removed SSH RSA key generation
      • Added SSH ECDSA key generation
  • Fix
    • Network
      • Fixed an issue with mobile when Call Utilities configuration is invalid
      • Fixed mobile connectivity in bridge mode after firmware upgrade
      • Fixed an issue where sometimes PIN/PUK code was deleted when performing a SIM switch
    • Services
      • Fixed incorrect mobile data usage provided to RMS service

TRB5_R_00.07.04.2 | 2023.04.18

• New
      • nftables support
    • Improvement
      • Network
        • Added PDP profile registry and LTE SMS format functions & management for the Verizon network
        • Improved SIM detection algorithm
        • Improved Multi-APN connection establishment time
      • WebUI
        • Improved Overview page performance
      • System
        • Changed hostname to router name
        • Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1t
        • Updated CA certificates to version 20211016
        • Updated libiwinfo to version 2022-08-19
    • Fix
      • Network
        • Fixed IPv4, IPv6 mobile connection restarts
        • Fixed operator scanning when mobile interface is disabled
        • Fixed data limit and tracking when software flow offloading is enabled
        • Added network reload call before bringing the mobile interface up
        • Fixed Port-based VLAN ID calculation issue
        • Fixed PDP context authentication when using special characters
      • Services
        • Fixed event text for configurable inputs/outputs on I/O Juggler
        • Fixed I/O PIN3 value not changing via MODBUS TCP
        • Added I/O status request error handling in various WebUI pages when the I/O service is booting up
        • Fixed wrong timezone returned issue in Operator Station Synchronization & Timezone Synchronization
        • Fixed MODBUS TCP Slave memory leak issue when requesting mobile parameters
        • Fixed OpenVPN enabling/disabling when using Password or TLS/Password authentication modes
        • Fixed OpenVPN keep alive setting migration issue
        • Fixed PPTP server name setting migration issue
        • Fixed missing WebUI issue caused by Email Relay installation
        • Fixed NTP's Operator Station Synchronization memory leak issue
        • Fixed test email validation
      • System
        • Fixed libcares vulnerability CVE-2022-4904
        • Fixed frr vulnerability CVE-2022-37035
        • Removed ability for non root users to edit scripts that get executed as root

My question is: Are some of the updates listed related to my "loosing mobile connection after a few days"-problem?

Happy weekend,
    Tom

1 Answer

0 votes
    by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.

A reference to the following point, might be related, if you are using MODBUS in your configuration: 

• Fixed MODBUS TCP Slave memory leak issue when requesting mobile parameters

This specific issue would result in mobile disconnects, but the WebUI would also become inaccessible.

Other than that, as far as I could enquire, an issue such as yours, with gradually decreasing download speeds, has not been reported and none of the changelog entries you have provided include solutions for what you are experiencing.

Did you observe, if the issue persists, after the firmware update and device reset?

If it does, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
    Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

I‘m not using MODBUS.

I will observe the device over the next few days and will report back how it goes.

Have a good week, best regards
    by anonymous

Hi
    I come back to your question.

Did you observe, if the issue persists, after the firmware update and device reset?

Yes, it seems the issue is still there. The connection is down again. I need to travel onsite to investigate the issue and gather troubleshoot files.
    Keep you updated.
    Best regards
    Tom
    by anonymous

Hi,

I've sent the troubleshooting-file with a few screenshots via PN. Would be great if you could have a look at it.

Br,
    Tom