I cover a TRB500 with 5G, around -53db/5G with this antenna. The TRB500 is in bridge mode, a pfsense firewall receives the ip-address of the mobile carrier: Configured like described here.
After 2-5 days the internet-connection get's slower and slower: From 180Mbit/s down to 80Mbit/s, more down to 20Mbit/s, more down to 5Mbit/s, until: everyting times out.
Everything else inside the network works fine and is reachable. Just timeouts when accessing the internet. I still can reach the TRB500's webgui that is connected to the firewalls wan interface. I did not deeper investigate it yet.
I observed such timeouts a few times within 3 weeks of operating. Rebooting the TRB500 solves the issue, everything is back to normal then.
I saw that i receive another ip-address from the mobile carrier on the firewall's wan interface after i rebooting the TRB500.
It's like described here.
The device was updated to TRB5_R_00.07.04.1 before it was installed earlier.
Today, i saw TRB5_R_00.07.04.3 is available. I downloaded it and installed it via WebGUI.
After the device was back from a reboot, i verified the firmewareversion: Version numbers was updated, so looked good.
I received an ip-address on the wan-interface of the firewall, but there was only a time out when i tried to access the internet.
I checked the interfaces on the TRB500, i saw on mob1s1a1 that there was no packet flow ( TX: showed some traffic, RX: stayed at 0).
I had to factory reset the device and had to rebuild the config manually.
Device is back in operation now.
When i look at the history of the firmware via changelog, i can see following records:
- Removed SSH RSA key generation
- Added SSH ECDSA key generation
- Fixed an issue with mobile when Call Utilities configuration is invalid
- Fixed mobile connectivity in bridge mode after firmware upgrade
- Fixed an issue where sometimes PIN/PUK code was deleted when performing a SIM switch
- Fixed incorrect mobile data usage provided to RMS service
- Added PDP profile registry and LTE SMS format functions & management for the Verizon network
- Improved SIM detection algorithm
- Improved Multi-APN connection establishment time
- Improved Overview page performance
- Changed hostname to router name
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1t
- Updated CA certificates to version 20211016
- Updated libiwinfo to version 2022-08-19
- Fixed IPv4, IPv6 mobile connection restarts
- Fixed operator scanning when mobile interface is disabled
- Fixed data limit and tracking when software flow offloading is enabled
- Added network reload call before bringing the mobile interface up
- Fixed Port-based VLAN ID calculation issue
- Fixed PDP context authentication when using special characters
- Fixed event text for configurable inputs/outputs on I/O Juggler
- Fixed I/O PIN3 value not changing via MODBUS TCP
- Added I/O status request error handling in various WebUI pages when the I/O service is booting up
- Fixed wrong timezone returned issue in Operator Station Synchronization & Timezone Synchronization
- Fixed MODBUS TCP Slave memory leak issue when requesting mobile parameters
- Fixed OpenVPN enabling/disabling when using Password or TLS/Password authentication modes
- Fixed OpenVPN keep alive setting migration issue
- Fixed PPTP server name setting migration issue
- Fixed missing WebUI issue caused by Email Relay installation
- Fixed NTP's Operator Station Synchronization memory leak issue
- Fixed test email validation
- Fixed libcares vulnerability CVE-2022-4904
- Fixed frr vulnerability CVE-2022-37035
- Removed ability for non root users to edit scripts that get executed as root
My question is: Are some of the updates listed related to my "loosing mobile connection after a few days"-problem?